I installed Expression Profiler Next Generation (EPNG) on my site. My interest is in canabalizing parts of it to show gene expression clusters. Turns out that part uses SVG which is a poor choiceâ€“SVG requires a browser plugin, a separate install, and isnâ€™t even available for Mozilla/Firefox (the Adobe plugin for Netscape 4.x seems to work on the Mac, but not on the PC).
So itâ€™s a large and sprawling. I found it hard to install. Admittedly, I made it harder than expected by porting it to Mysql, but it was a pain even apart from that. Among the install joys are the release not workingâ€“the database schema doesnâ€™t match the code! Boy that was a fun set of bugs to find.
And one of the modules required, XML::LibXML::SVG doesnâ€™t exist! Google doesnâ€™t know about it! It looks to be a private or temporary module, perhaps it got converted to SVGâ€“most of the API and function is shared by the two. I converting the code to use SVG, but it was a huge bother!